Trulicity Pen or dulaglutide is a blessing for those who are suffering from Type 2 Diabetes. It is known for managing blood sugar and bringing it to stable levels.
But that’s not it. This pen has also been proven effective for those who have cardiovascular diseases.
However, you may face Trulicity Pen Malfunction sometimes.
There could be a few reasons the trulicity pen malfunction can happen. The major reason is the mechanical issue. If the pen is jammed, it will not work. Refrigerating the trulicity pen may cause this issue. Sometimes there can be manufacturing issues.
People generally have no idea what they did wrong with this pen. Plus, there are not many details present online on how to fix it.
That’s why this article is the best thing you will read today. In this article, you will get to know the reasons and fixes for Trulicity Pen problems.
How Does The Trulicity Pen work?
Trulicity works by simulating the action of GLP-1. It is a naturally occurring hormone that aids with blood glucose regulation. GLP-1 has the potential to treat type 2 diabetes effectively.
Trulicity has an amino acid sequence that is 90% identical to GLP-1 found in nature. With a high blood glucose level, it is possible for them to bind with GLP-1 receptors. After that, they can be activated. Due to this, insulin production increases and glucagon secretion decreases. It also slows down the rate at which the stomach digests the food.
However, Trulicity is not an insulin-like substance. It is dependent on the presence of certain working beta cells in the pancreas. These beta cells create, store, and release insulin.
Why Is My Trulicity Pen Malfunctioning?
If your Trulicity Pen is not working, then there might be different reasons. Following are the possibilities of malfunction:
Reason 1: You Are Not Using it Right
Not using the Trulicity Pen or dulaglutide the right way is the biggest reason for malfunction. That is why you should read the manual before using the Pen. Usually, people have no idea how to use it. Furthermore, many don’t know what to do with it after injecting it.
The biggest mistake dulaglutide users make is to put the base cap back. You should not put it back as it damages the needle. Thus, the Pen does not work after this.
Reason 2: Jamming
To inject the medicine, it is important to depress the plunger. When it doesn’t and gets jammed, the Trulicity Pen cannot work.
When the Trulicity Pen is jammed, you can open its back. Next, check whether there are any spring issues. This will solve the jamming problem.
Reason 3: When the Syringe is Blocked
If there is any blockage in the syringe, medicine won’t be transferred to the body. Syringes are blocked when they are not properly cleaned or manufactured.
Reason 4: When You Don’t Store It Properly
Most people store the Trulicity Pen in the refrigerator for too long. That’s wrong. The Trulicity Pen works the best when you put it at room temperature under 85 degrees.
However, you can maintain room temperature when storing them. After 12-14 days, make sure to keep them in the refrigerator. However, if you keep them for a long time, it may cause issues.
How To Solve Trulicity Pen Malfunction?
Now that you know the possible reasons a trulicity pen can malfunction. You should do the following things to avoid the Trulicity pen malfunction:
Step 1: Correctly Use a Trulicity Pen
People ask me how to use a Trulicity Pen? Read the following process carefully. You won’t have to watch any Trulicity Injection video.
If your Trulicity Pen is at room temperature, then shake the Pen. For using the trulicity pen properly, make sure to follow them. Next, do the following:
- Examine the Trulicity Pen thoroughly before using it. It is done to ensure that the liquid inside it is clear and colorless. If the drug is foggy, discolored, or includes particles, do not use it. Also, check the expiration date on the side of the Trulicity Pen. Throw it away if it has passed its expiration date.
- Pick an injection site and clean it with alcohol wipes or spirit. Then, wait for it to dry as the moisture might affect the pen’s efficiency. Also, If your skin is discolored, bruised, or has a rash, don’t use this Trulicity Pen.
- Make sure the indicator near the Pen’s end is set to lock. Remove the Trulicity base cap completely. Do not put your hand near the needle of the Pen.
- At a 90° angle, place the transparent base of the Pen firmly against your skin. Then, unlock the lock ring by turning it.
- Hold the Pen against your skin for another 5 to 10 seconds. There will be a second click. This means the pen is working smoothly. The injection is done after you see the gray plunger.
- Take the Pen away from your skin once injected. That is how to inject a Trulicity Pen without pain. It’s the correct method, and you will only feel the pinch.
- Don’t use the same Pen twice; dispose of your Pen after using it in a bin.
- The Trulicity Pen can be stored for a maximum of 14 days in the refrigerator. You can also store dulaglutide at room temperature (less than 30°C). Make sure the pen is not exposed to light or heat.
- Use a Trulicity Pen within 14 days of taking it out of the fridge. If you don’t, dispose of it carefully. It is because the Trulicity Pen will expire after 14 days.
These are the Trulicity Pen instructions that you should follow.
Step 2: Store It Correctly
A Trulicity Pen should be kept in the refrigerator between 36°F and 46°F. You can also keep it at room temperature for not more than two weeks. After that, you have to refrigerate it.
To use the Trulicity Pen, take it out of the refrigerator first. Put it outside until it comes to room temperature naturally. It will take 30 minutes. Also, never heat your Trulicity Pen in the microwave or with the double boiler process.
Step 3: Clean The Pen
You can also clean the Pen carefully. But you can’t clean the inside. Only the needle portion can be cleaned.
Step 4: Follow Precautions
Trulicity is meant to be used only for people with type 2 diabetes. Also, a doctor’s advice is important before you use this pen.
If your doctor recommends it, then follow these precautions:
- It is very crucial to examine the product first. If you notice discoloration or any particles on the Pen, don’t use it.
- Make sure that the needle of the Trulicity Pen is properly sanitized.
- Also, always clean the area where the Trulicity Pen is to be applied. Clean it by gently rubbing spirit or alcohol.
- If you want to avoid under-skin injury, change the area (injection site) each time. You can make a schedule about the injection site on a dairy or sticky notes.
- To avoid any infection spreading, don’t share your Trulicity Pen with anyone else. Even if the needle of the Pen is changed, it is better not to share it.
- Exercise regularly in addition to taking Trulicity pen injections. Lifting one or two dumbbells or jogging for 30 minutes won’t hurt. Doing this will further help you stay healthy.
Follow these to avoid, and you won’t have any Trulicity complaints.
How Long Does a Trulicity Pen Last?
The Trulicity Pen is only used once. After that, you should carefully dispose of it.
Now, let’s discuss where you should apply this injection. The doctor recommends using this Pen once a week on the thighs, upper arms, or abdomen. Also, avoid injecting it directly into muscles or veins. One Trulicity Pen dose is 1.5mg.
You can use a Trulicity Pen before or after eating your meal. It really doesn’t matter whenever you use it. The Trulicity Pen will work just fine before or after the meal. But are there any foods to avoid with Trulicity? No, but you should only eat a healthy and nutritious diet. However, it is better if you avoid sugar and caffeine.
If you want to control type-2 diabetes, then this product is magic:
|Diabacore||These supplements work like a miracle to control Type-2 Diabetes|
What Are The Health Benefits of Using a Trulicity Pen?
The Trulicity Pen works wonders as it lowers blood sugar from the first dose. It limits the transfer of sugar from your liver into the blood. The Trulicity Pen also improves your heart health. Furthermore, this Pen can help in slowing down the digestion of food in your stomach.
Are there any side effects of a Trulicity Pen?
Like any other medicine or injection, a Trulicity Pen also has some possible side effects. These are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain or discomfort, loss of appetite, or weakness. These effects occur due to the other medicines you are using. Go to your doctor right away if any of these side effects occur.
How Many Times I Can Use a Trulicity Pen?
Manufacturers recommend using the Trulicity Pen once a week. If you want to get the most out of the pen, use it properly. Also, follow the precautions to avoid any undesirable situation.
The Trulicity Pen is the best option for diabetics to control their blood sugar levels. But sometimes, it doesn’t work properly, and people don’t know how they can fix it.
Trulicity Pen Malfunction usually occurs when you don’t use it properly. Moreover, jamming, syringe blockage, and not storing it correctly also make it dysfunctional.
Follow the fixes I have described above and keep using this Pen without any interruptions.
See you next time!